Grocery stores are great places to stock up on vegan meals and snacks. Most grocery stores offer non-dairy items (a vegan form of milk, yogurt, meat, cheese, etc.). If you live or stay in a hotel (if traveling) close to a Whole Foods, I would definitely recommend doing your vegan grocery shopping there. The options are endless! Here are some of my favorite vegan food items that I constantly pick up at Whole foods:
- Vegan granola bar: Nature’s Path Sunny Hemp
- Soy yogurt: Whole Soy & Co. (all flavors)
- Soy milk: Silk (low fat plain)
- Vegan cereal: Millet Rice
- Vegan cream cheese: Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- Vegan cheese: Daiya Cheese (cheddar and mozzarella)
- Vegan meat: Tofurky, hickory smoked
- Vegan frozen lunch meal: Amy’s Indian Spinach and Tofu Wrap
- Vegan frozen dinner meal: Amy’s Black Bean Tamale Verde made with Organic corn mesa, tomatillos, and black beans
- Vegan dessert: Tofutti Cuties vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- Vegan dessert-like snack bar: Enjoy Life Snack Bar (Cocoa Loco flavor)
Stop by the prepared food section and refrigerated section for some vegan eats at Whole Foods. Many Whole Foods stores have Macro & Vegan prepared meals: Chicken Lo Main, Soba Noodles, Spinach Noodles, etc. You will definitely be able to find a prepared veggie or salad in that section as well.
You can never go wrong with fruits and vegetables. I love grabbing a few apples and oranges because they are easy to travel with and stay good for a while. I also like to pick up a bag of Spinach (microwave it in the bag) as a very quick and healthy meal or side dish.
If anyone else has any vegan favorites or favorite grocery stores, let me know!